Saturday, November 6, 2010

Something to think about




Sometimes we take our work so serious that we forget to have fun doing it.  We look at it as work to be handed in and the deadline is approaching. My daughter reminded me of how much fun it is to paint and how in doing so everything just flows, see the hand movement and how natural it looks? She is even at one point painting without looking, lol. Shes good, a natural.

A few questions have come about from this.  Do you really love art? Is it a way of "escape" from doing academics? If you do love art, how much? Do you enjoy making art? What I have noticed is that it really shows when someone enjoyed creating a piece of artwork. I guess I can only speak for myself. I have found that art is becoming a little too commercialized and some of us are only thinking about how much the piece will sell for rather than how much we enjoyed creating the piece. Something to think about huh? Where do you stand? Is it a drag to create work, thinking of deadlines, grades, money, recognition even? Or are you fighting with yourself to take a break from working and  getting something to eat or even getting sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment